Creating brand identity is one of the most important things you can do for your business. It can help you grow faster, build confidence and find new clients. Sounds nice, huh? 😊
Let me tell you What is Brand Identity, How Define Brand Identity and also How to Build Brand Identity.
Today’s online world is too much based on visual things. Good design and system can mean more than you think. Everyone loves good looking stuff! Look on instagram, it really matters how your feed looks, right? But let’s talk now about your business set up. Because that’s what really matters.
Building your brand identity is something that will help you look really PRO. It is about being consistent, confident, and a good looking company with united visual elements. Because it is the first thing that your customer sees, right? First impressions are really important for your business.
There is no second chance for first impression.
What is a brand?
Its customers experience. Your brand is what your audience THINKS and FEELS when they hear your name. The visual things there are just small pieces. Brand is more about you, your services and your customers. This is exactly that part, which you have to build by yourself. Treat your customers as best as you can and make things with value.
A great example of a solid brand is Apple. Whenever you ask someone to describe Apple, they will say something like minimalism, modern, clean or user-friendly.
Your brand is what your audience THINKS and FEELS when they hear your name.
What is brand identity?
Brand identity is all the visual elements around your brand. It is logo, color, typography, shapes, business cards, website…
This part is divided into 2 halves. One of them is up on you, and the second on a designer. Your part it’s necessary, because you have to specify your brand, goals, customers and visual requirements. After that is a turn on your graphic designer. This creative person will give shape to all elements of visual identity according to your requirements and also conditions that will suit your customers.
Designers role is not easy, they have to find how to make a visual identity which works. Especially for your customers (because customers is always on a first place), but also for you. Designers need to research, must think the next 10 moves (something like chess) otherwise brand identity will never work and elements will not cooperate.
Why do you need brand identity?
There are so many benefits about brand identity. For example:
- Look professional
- Attract good clients and talents
- Helps influence customers
- Helps extend the business
- Create customer loyalty
- Increase in sales
- Protection from competitors
- Creates an identity bigger than the person
- Increase the worth of the company
How to make brand identity?
It is a longer process. Good thing is, that a lot of the work around you can make by yourself, but there is a part where you need a professional designer which will help you look PRO. Trust me, Canva is not a good helper in this case. Because for that visual part you need specialist, which know how to do, and how to make it works. So, there is what you can do.
Specify your business, audience and visual ideas
Find your WHAT / WHY and WHO. Find your mission statement with these questions.
- Your goals as a company? (WHY)
- Your company values? (WHAT)
- Who you serve? (WHO)
Find a great designer
Someone, who will suit to your visual style. And remember, good benefit is, if the person suits you also with mind set. Then your cooperation will be much easier.
How to Find the Best Graphic Designer?
- First of all, you have to find design you like – Designers are divided into different styles and categories and anyone could make everything. This research you can make on websites as Pinterest, Behance or Dribbble.
- Find a designer in the same style you like – Trust me or not, the best designers you can also find on these websites (Behance, Dribbble). I can also recommend Facebook group with professional graphic designers Elite graphic designers.
- Write your requirements – (what you need, how fast and your budget + link with some graphic projects you like), let them send you their portfolio on email or messenger.
Choose carefully and choose the best one!
Your should read next: The best color for your brand identity